• Nibulon, Ukraine largest grain trader, has announced plans to build at 10 river transshipment terminals for bulk cargo along the Dnipro River, the Southern Buh River and other navigable rivers of Ukraine, according to World Grain New.
• A Ukrainian-made engine lifted a Vega Launch Vehicle rocket Wednesday to place two satellites -- one Italian and one French-Israeli -- into orbit, from France’s Guiana Space Center in South America, Interfax reports.
• In the latest bank closure, National Bank of Ukraine has declared insolvent Gefest commercial bank. The Kyiv-based bank was registered in 2013.
• Ukraine’s national budget revenue grew by 49 percent from January to July, compared to the same period last year. This tax collection exceeded the target by 10.3%, according to the State Treasury Service.
• The ProZorro e-procurement system, used to list state-owned assets up for sale, has expanded the number of available assets by over 18,000 since August 2016, Interfax reports. The number of tenders in the system grew to 991,500, a 550% increase.
• Ukrainian steel smelting decreased by 17.7% between January and July, and the production of rolled steel has decreased by 20.2% in the same period, Interfax reports.
• Starting Thursday, August 10, Kyiv residents are to only use electronic forms of payment for city parking as cash-free parking rules take effect.
• About 50,000 used cars were imported into Ukraine between in the year ending Aug. 1, a three-fold increase from the previous year. Last August, import duties were cut on used cars.
• Ukraine imported 2.4 times the amount of natural gas between January and July 2017 compared to the same period last year, Interfax reports.
• Ukraine’s State Geological Service is preparing to to extend Ukrnafta’s licenses, allowing the state-owned oil and gas extraction company to continue to produce from its fields for another 20 years, the Geological Service press service reports.
For comments or story tips, please email UBJ AM News Reporter Mark Satter at firstname.lastname@example.org